Can I cancel when I want to?
A month’s notice shall be given for non-medical termination of Buckingham Home Care Ltd.’s services and a minimum 24 hours’ notice for any change in pre-agreed routine. If there is a serious breach of our Terms and Conditions, either party has the right to terminate the contract for care provision. This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales.

Do you work with Local Authorities?
Yes, we work closely with Local Authorities, the NHS and Social Services.

Will I be able to meet my carer/s before they start and what if I don’t like them?
One of the care visitors will shadow a care manager on the first visit. We always try and introduce you to the care visitor we have chosen for your visit before their first call. Our managers carefully select the member of staff after your assessment and will evaluate your needs, location and personality when matching you with one of our care visitors. If, for some reason, you feel that you are not happy with the selected care visitor, we will always accept your decision and introduce you to a different care visitor at the earliest possible opportunity.

If I want to stop my carer coming for one of her visits, how much notice do I need to provide?
We ask for 24 hours’ notice to cancel a regular visit and you will not be charged. Less than 24 hours will incur full charge, unless it’s a hospital visit. If you wish to cancel your care package permanently, we ask for 1 month’s notice so we can re-assign alternative care visitors.

Is the care visitor allocated travelling time to get to my home?
Buckingham Home Care Ltd always builds in travelling time for each care visitor to get to your residence with plenty of time to care for you. If there are any unforeseen delays with traffic etc we will always inform you if the care visitor is going to be a little late.

Do you provide holiday care cover?
Yes, we can provide a temporary care service, for the duration of a holiday or other time away. We don’t do live in care.

Can you help us with funding for your care services?
We can help point you in the right direction to obtain local council, NHS and Social Services advice.